Be determined to handle any challenge in a way that will make you grow.

Les Brown
1945-, American Speaker, Author, Trainer, Motivator Lecturer
more famous quotes

July 19, 2008

Problems with Facebook and Myspace.

Just wanted you to know about little thing that you never want to happen to you in the court. In past months, I had read few articles about attorneys using Facebook or Myspace to check their defendant to see if anything so negative or find some pictures that give you an impression of what kind of person you are. Also, your prospective employer can look up your Facebook or Myspace to see if you are good to representing their company or not.

As your Deaf Friend, I can make only one suggestion: be careful about what you are posting about yourself on these two, or it will come and haunt you in the rest of your life. Other suggestion: Or not sign up for an account on these two. I, myself, don't have an account with these two for some reasons that I don't see why I should do that. Yea, it sounds nice when I found some online friends but after all free tour, I got some impressions that I had bad feeling about little stuffs--like posting anything personal but I don't need someone to know me or my personal life. Is that "confession"? Should I tell the world that I got busted by cop?

I am only helping you to understand how will it happens to you in court or any future employer who look up your space to see if you are good or bad. If your attorneys tell you to take your Facebook or Myspace down, just do it like hell.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Two weeks after Joshua Lipton was charged in a drunken driving crash that seriously injured a woman, the 20-year-old college junior attended a Halloween party dressed as a prisoner. Pictures from the party showed him in a black-and-white striped shirt and an orange jumpsuit labeled "Jail Bird."

In the age of the Internet, it might not be hard to guess what happened to those pictures: Someone posted them on the social networking site Facebook. And that offered remarkable evidence for Jay Sullivan, the prosecutor handling Lipton's drunken-driving case. Read more:Photos posted on Facebook come back to bite defendants

1 comment:

Test said...

Sadly, that's the truth of the internet, not restricted to MySpace or Facebook.